- Green Papaya (sliced): 1 cup
- Drumstick (skinned and cut into small pieces ): 1 cup
- Bitter gourd (finly cut): ¼ cup
- Green banana ( cut into small pieces )
- Brinjal (cut into small pieces )
- French beans (cut into small pieces):1 cup
- Potato (cut into small pieces)
- Raddish (cut into small pieces)
- Bori ( made from Dal-paste )
- Masala paste (a) : a thick paste of 2 tsp poppy seeds, 2 tsp mustard seeds and 2 inches ginger.
- A paste of wheat flour (1tsp) and milk (2 tbsp) mixed together.
- Masala paste (b) : a coarse powder of dry fried cellery seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, saunf and bayleaf
- Ghee : 2tbsp
- Salt and sugar
- Oil : 2tsp
Heat oil in a pan. Fry the bitter gourd till brown. Stir fry all the other vegetables. Deep fry the BORI. Keep aside the bitter gourd. Add salt and boil all the other vegetables along with the BORI. Now add the sugar, the masala paste (a) and the paste of wheat flour and milk. Boil till a medium consistency is obtained. Sprinkle fried bitter gourd on top.
Heat ghee. Add the dry fried, coarsely powdered, masala (b).
Serve with rice as a starter.