- Banana flower --finely cut, boiled in a pressure cooker, hand mashed ---2 cups
- A hand full of dry chana soaked in water for 2-3 hours.
- Mustard oil
- Cummin seeds, bay leaf, green chillies for phoron (ফোড়োন )
- 1tsp cummin seeds, 5-6 whole black pepper and 2 green chillies ---made into a fine paste
- 1tsp wheat flour
- 2tsp ghee
- Turmeric powder, salt to taste and 4 tsp sugar
- Grated coconut, fried bori ( বড়ি made from dal paste) and a few green chillies for garnishing
Put mustard oil in a pan, add green chilly, bay leaf and cummin seeds to splatter. Add the mashed banana flower, soaked chana and all ingredients except the masala paste, ghee, coconut and bori . Cook in a high heat while stirring with a spatula till the mixture becomes dry. Now add the masala paste along with the wheat flour. Finally add ghee on the top and switch off the burner. Garnish with coconut, bori and green chillies.
Serve with hot rice.