Top Food Blogs

Friday 13 November 2009

Cheesy Garlic Toast with Hot Soup !


As you know that my son Shubhayan is a student of BITS Pilani and stays in a hostel attached to the college. He is not only fond of all that I cook at home but he is even more enthusiastic about getting my recipes -- including the pictures -- into this blog. So I miss him a lot while I cook and my own enthusiasm about cooking and blogging takes a hit. What this means is that on most evenings I generally make do with this Cheesy garlic Toast along with a soup -- a combination that includes vegetables/chicken/egg and is a complete dinner of sorts for me and my husband ! Please try this Cheesy Garlic Toast and I will be back in this week end with a lovely Chicken soup recipe for all of you!!!

Ingredients :
  • Any kind of fresh Bread of your choice [these are now available in all super markets/bakeries. please do not use the standard sliced bread...]
  • Finely chopped Garlic
  • Sandwich Spread [I often use the FUN FOOD brand ]
  • Oregano
  • Black Pepper Powder
  • Grated Cheese
Procedure :
  • Cut the Bread loaf according to your choice [ I love to do this...because presentation is more important !!]
  • Put the sandwich Spread with the help of a knife uniformly over the braed pieces.
  • Arrange grated cheeseand chopped garlic together.
  • Sprinkle Oregano and black pepper powder on top.
  • Toast the bread pieces on a OTG at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes till they are light brown in colour and crispy!!
  • Serve with any soup of your choice.
I will be back with the soup recipe shortly...please bear with me.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

5 comments:

Roshmi Sinha said...

This looks really yummy!!!

But I cannot see the recipe/procedure... please share that too.

P.S. We too miss Subhayan and his blogposts. But then, college is an important part of life and the 'hostel' is one of the best teachers. I'm sure he is enjoying his time @ BITS... while missing out on all the mouthwatering dishs made at home...

Indrani said...

recipe is invisible..:-( pl. check and update

Sharmistha Guha said...

Perfect winter evening comfort food!!!

Roshmi Sinha said...

It is really and truly invisible :(

Roshmi Sinha said...

Wow! Thanks! :)