As you know that my son Shubhayan is a student of BITS Pilani and stays in a hostel attached to the college. He is not only fond of all that I cook at home but he is even more enthusiastic about getting my recipes -- including the pictures -- into this blog. So I miss him a lot while I cook and my own enthusiasm about cooking and blogging takes a hit. What this means is that on most evenings I generally make do with this Cheesy garlic Toast along with a soup -- a combination that includes vegetables/chicken/egg and is a complete dinner of sorts for me and my husband ! Please try this Cheesy Garlic Toast and I will be back in this week end with a lovely Chicken soup recipe for all of you!!!
- Any kind of fresh Bread of your choice [these are now available in all super markets/bakeries. please do not use the standard sliced bread...]
- Finely chopped Garlic
- Sandwich Spread [I often use the FUN FOOD brand ]
- Black Pepper Powder
- Grated Cheese
- Cut the Bread loaf according to your choice [ I love to do this...because presentation is more important !!]
- Put the sandwich Spread with the help of a knife uniformly over the braed pieces.
- Arrange grated cheeseand chopped garlic together.
- Sprinkle Oregano and black pepper powder on top.
- Toast the bread pieces on a OTG at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes till they are light brown in colour and crispy!!
- Serve with any soup of your choice.