- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 2 cups. Fresh Spinach (chopped)
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Green Chilly (finely chopped)
- Fresh Cream (optional)
- 1/2tsp sugar
- To taste. Salt & pepper
* Blanch spinach in hot water with a pinch of salt. and refresh in cold water.
* Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and sauté. Add crushed garlic, chopped green chilly salt, sugar and pepper.
* Puree together with boiled spinach.
* Make a thin white sauce by melting butter in a nonstick pan.Then add maida and cook for 5-7 mins. Slowly add the milk so that no lumps are formed.
* Add the spinach puree to this and bring it to a boil. Add a little water if required.
* Add 2 tsp fresh cream (optional) and serve spinach soup hot with bread croutons/ soup stick.