What is sashlik?
Sashlik is a Russian style of kabab. It is actually a shik kakab made with strongly marinated, skewered lamb combined with vegetables and grilled to perfection to make the ultimate cook out food. In India vegetarians replace meat with paneer.
Here is the recipe of paneer sashlik :
- Fresh Panner ( made from fullcream milk, cut into large cubes:1.5'"x1.5")
- Capsicum (washed and cut into square )
- Tomato ( washed and cut into square)
- Onion ( Cut into square)
- Fresh Curd
- Amchur powder
- Sattu ( Roasted and ground Chana, 2 tablespoonfull)
- Onion, Garlic, Green Chilly and Ginger paste ( 2 tablespoon full)
- Garam Masala Powder ( 1tsp)
- Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder (1tsp)
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- A little butter for brushing
- Take e large bowl and put all the ingredients together except the sattu, butter and the veggies.
- Marinate the panner in fresh curd and other ingredients for at least 3-4 hours.
- Take the marinated paneer out from fridge and sprinkle sattu on top.
- Take a large shik/skewer or a knitting needle and arrange the marinated paneer cubes. alternately with capsicum, onion and tomato cubes.
- Brush with butter.
- Put the skewers into preheated OTG rack at 200 degree celsius
- Grill for half an hour till brownish tinge appears on the paneer cubes
- Take out and serve hot as an weekend snacks