Being impressed by PARAMA Magazine's ( 15th june, 2012) recipe in Ahare-Bahare I tried AMARKHANDA ("অমরখন্ড" ), a unique and easy to make sweet dish made from Mango. No artificial flavour or colour is added into it!
Thanks to Parama for publishing such an wonderful sweet dish.
I have little bit modified the ingredients. PARAMA used cardamom powder but I do prefer to have it as a mango flavoured one.
- Fresh hung curd : 2 cups
- Ripe Mango : 2 Medium sized ( washed and cut into pieces)
- Sugar : 50 gms
- Dry fruits ( almonds, walnut, pistachio ): 20 gms, chopped
- Khoya : 25 gms
- Put the mango cubes, khoya and sugar into the blender and make a smooth pulp.
- Take a wide serving glass bowl and put the hung curd into it.
- Gradually mix the mango pulp into the curd with frequent stirring!
- Sprinkle the chopped dry fruits and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold as a mouth watering desert.