I am sharing this recipe as it is told to Rahul Verma by the chef.
- Fillet the Hilsa Fish
- Marinate with Kasundi(Mustard Paste), a smoked hickory flavoured liquor available in some stores, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mustard oil and some tabasco sauce.
- Leave the marinated fillet overnight in a cool place.
- Smoke it in a pan in a smoking chamber and debone.
- The sauce is prepared by reducing the liquid left in the pan with tomato juice.
- Serve the smoked hilsa with a salad of Arugula leaves tossed in extra virgin olive oil and the smoked sauce.
Hope my Blogger friend Ushnish Da will like it!!!