- Becti fish, cut into 4 in. x 4 in. thick fillets
- Pui leaves or any other edible greens, excluding spinach (too soft!)
- KK's Green-fish paste : made by coarsely pasted mustard, ginger, garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves, and a few spring onions.
- Salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, lemon juice
- Mustard oil for shallow frying
- Marinate the Becti fillets with salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice, and the KK's special green-fish paste for at least two hours.
- Take a wide-non stick (teflon coated) skillet, and grease it with 1 tsp mustard oil to allow seasoning.
- Place each of the marinated becti fillet inside a green leaf (preferably Pui leaf), brush it with 1/2 tsp mustard oil, and fold the leaf in a triangular fashion (much like a betel leaf). Ensure that the leaf doesn't open up by pricking through the folds with wooden toothpick (plastic ones may melt). Place these folded fish fillets, four at a time, on the non stick skillet. Apply high heat initially, and then shallow-fry over a low flame. Turn over when the lower face is cooked. Ensure that the interior gets fully cooked WITHOUT the green colour fading away.
- Serve with hot rice and mustard.